Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Mama...

Good Morning, Mom! (Or Good Evening, since you may not see this until you get back to Maryland tonight.)

Happy Mother's Day! It seems like such an inadequate phrase to say to you how much you mean to me.
Can I tell you that the thing I'm looking forward to most when we get back home is to get to spend time with YOU? I can't wait to prepare to be a mom, myself, with you. I can't wait to go shopping for maternity clothes, baby clothes, and for all the little things we'll need to keep our baby comfortable and happy. This is my last Mother's Day of my life of not having my own child to hold in my arms! It is a thought that is astounding to me every time I have it.

I know this has been a difficult year for you, mother-wise, but I imagine it has also been a very rewarding year. You have had a very active role in watching your first grandchild grow up for the first year of her life. You have spent more time around your son than you have in several years. You have comforted your youngest through a very painful year and helped motivate her to accomplish graduating from college. You have sacrificed living in your home for your kids. You have been away from your husband for your kids. And, you have managed to comfort and reassure me from halfway around the world!

You have given more and sacrificed more for us than ever was expected of you. I am just starting to get an understanding of the strength of love a mother has for her children and it's because I have watched you demonstrate it to us. You are the epitome of a great mom. And I love you so much!

~Bethy

No comments: