Thursday, November 12, 2009

39 Weeks...are you kidding me???

Today, I am 39 weeks pregnant.  A week ago, I thought there was a good chance I wouldn't be doing this post, but that I'd be introducing you to Baby Bruce, instead!

Wishful thinking...

However, I can tell that things are moving along.  I probably just jinxed myself.  Ha!



I am hoping that since I seem to be having lots and lots of early labor going on, that maybe just maybe my "active labor" won't take a super long time.

A girl can dream, right?



"Not much to report this week, at least in the height and weight department.  Fortunately for you and your overstretched skin (and aching back), baby's growth has slowed down - or even taken a hiatus until after delivery.  On average, a baby this week still weighs in at around 7 or 8 pounds and measures up at 19 to 21 inches (though yours may be a little bigger or smaller ).  Still, progress is being made in some other areas, especially baby's brain, which is growing and developing up a storm (at a rapid pace that will continue during the first three years of life).  What's more, your baby's pink skin has turned white or whitish (no matter what skin your baby will ultimately be in, since pigmentation doesn't occur until soon after birth).  A development that you may have noticed by now if this is your first pregnancy: Baby's head might have dropped into your pelvis.  This change of baby's locale might make for easier breathing (and less heartburn), but could also make it harder for you to walk (make that to waddle)."
~ What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th Edition

I have some things to say about this.  Baby's done growing, so Baby needs to COME OUT.

I have definitely noticed that Baby has "dropped."  Have you noticed in my pictures?  I can breathe easier, for sure, however my heartburn is still fiercer than ever.  It is hard to walk.  We went on a walk today and I asked Riley if she was ready to go on a waddle.

Baby's head is pushing down on my tailbone, which hurts quite a bit.  The support belt I bought does nothing to help this.

I have been having contractions for over a week now.  I have started timing contractions on three separate occasions because they were less than 5 minutes apart.  They occur regularly for about 45 minutes and then stop.  I'm supposed to call the Doc when they last for an hour.  That has been slightly frustrating.

Join me, will you?  On the count of 3, SHOUT,

"LET'S GO, BABY BRUCE!  WE ALL WANT TO MEET YOU!  STOP TORTURING YOUR MOMMY!"

That was very motivating.

But seriously, pray for me.

1 comment:

Brie said...

Hoping he comes out soon! Yes, HE! :) I can tell in your photos that he's dropped. Praying for a quick and easy labor.