Monday, May 19, 2008

Season Finales

We were gone over the weekend, down in Maryland to celebrate Kyle's graduation from GW's Masters program. So, we missed Thursday night's season finales: ER and The Office
I know you might've gasped right there, but don't worry ~ we take FULL advantage of the most wonderful invention yet...DVR. When we got home last night, after a 7 hour drive that was supposed to take 4-5 hours, I had my shows, happily waiting for me to push "play."
Well, we watched The Office last night and I have to say that by the end of it, I was just...sad! First of all, could Jim have any more bad luck? But, he should have still proposed to Pam. Figure something out ~ take her out for ice cream or something and just do it! But I mostly feel angry at Andy. It was a hilarious proposal, though....um, okay. She said yes!
I can't get over how funny the whole bit with Kevin is. Kevin has always been one of my favorites, mostly due to his love of M & M's. "I love pie!"
But the most disturbing season finale, thus far is the ER one, which was on last night. I think it's just cruel that they leave us loyal viewers hanging like that! Who was in the ambulance that blew up? Pratt or Sam? And, did Abby get hurt, since she had just walked by? I watched this first thing this morning and couldn't stop thinking about it all day.
Alright, I know they're just TV shows, but still.....
We are also big How I Met Your Mother watchers, which was on tonight, but Husband doesn't like watching shows with commercials. So he'll watch other things, like basketball while the shows are recording and purposefully watch them later.
American Idol is on tomorrow night! Who will win, David or David? Here's what I think, in case you care. But this is my blog, so if you didn't care what I thought, you wouldn't be reading it. Anyway, I have loved little David Archuleta since the beginning, but now I'm not sure I would actually buy his cd. I think he has a great, pure voice, but I'm not sure what his style of music really is...he's kind of Josh Grobanesque, don't you think? David Cook, I think has great rock style and I can see him being a great song writer/producer-type dude. I don't think he's as vocally talented as little David, but he's more interesting to watch and listen to. I think Cook will win it all. And little David will still be famous and probably get signed, anyway.
The End

1 comment:

Montay said...

HI I am just Blog hopping along and came to yours I think by Connie then Baker Family cute Blog love NYC and yeah who was in the ambulance I want to know too! I love DVR:) Come for a visit at my Blog and say hi