You know when it feels like a Friday, but it's not? And then you really start wishing that it was? That's me, today.
It's only Thursday at lunch time and I just need it all to be over.
This morning, I took my class to use the restrooms at break. So, I am standing in the hallway, waiting for them to line up. A teaching assistant was also in the hallway, thank goodness. So, a Year 9 student (13 years old) who is a head taller than me, came out of the bathroom, looked at the TA and said something like, "Wow, wow, wow," and looked her up and down. Then came towards me and bent down and whispered in my ear something in Russian.
I was so shocked.
I have never taught in a school with older students, so I have never experienced anything like this before. I immediately asked the TA what he said to me and she said she didn't hear it, but she told me what he said to her. I took my kids back to class (luckily, they had language classes, so I was free for a period) and I went straight to the Headmaster and told him what had happened. Long story short, I hunted the boy down in Biology class and had him brought down to the Headmaster. Myself, the TA, Headmaster, and the boy had a meeting. The boy kept changing his story and lied and said that we had made a mistake.
He has been suspended through the weekend.
His mother showed up to take him home and I guess was a total beast. Apparently, she is just as tall as her son and is quite scary. She doesn't know who I am...yet.
One last funny part is he decided to come and have lunch in the dining hall before he left. Headmaster would have none of that and I stood there and watched him pull him out by his arm, yelling.
All very interesting. And it's only lunch time.
Oi....
2 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about your morning. I hope the rest of your day and your weekend go great.
Also I'm sorry if you get more than one message from me. My internet keeps cutting off and I'm not sure how many times I've actually gotten through to leave you a comment. You may get this one and another more than once.
Oh jeepers Beth...we are thinking about you over here in the States!! Hang in there...I am sure that you are making a difference in those kids lives whether you can see it or not!
Post a Comment