Friday, December 5, 2008

My Day...

Right now, it is 5:33.

I have 38 seven year olds in my classroom. They are watching Planet Earth.

We have just (finally) welcomed the President of the big K to our school. At the moment, he is down the hall, visiting a Year 2 classroom. Then, he's on to other various points in the school. He'll be here, maximum, a half hour.

We have been waiting since 8:00 am for this. Actually, we've been waiting since the beginning of September. This is the fourth time he has said he is coming, but the only time it has actually happened.

This is Kazakhstan.

I am tired. It is Friday. It is now 5:36 pm. I still have 38 children in my classroom. My estimate is that children don't even begin to be picked up until at least 6:30.

Apparently, we will have an assembly and tea time before they go home.

Somebody shoot me.

No comments: