Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thanksgiving...K to the Z Style....

I know I'm a little late with this, but as usual, I haven't had a whole lot of time to blog lately. But, our Thanksgiving was unlike any Thanksgiving Huzz or I have ever experienced.

There was no turkey. No mashed potatoes. No gravy. No stuffing - I know, unforgiveable. No green bean casserole. No pumpkin pie.

Surprisingly, we survived! At the time, we didn't know of a restaurant that did a turkey dinner, but we later found out that the InterContinental Hotel does...for a pretty penny.

Instead, we decided, appropriately, to go to the American Bar & Grill.


Here is Stephen, enjoying the smoked cheese that they give you for an appetizer. I think it's called "suluguni" in Russian. It's like a drier string cheese that has a delicious smoky flavor. I like it.
Oh, you can see the smoked cheese on the little plate on the right. I pretty much demolished it. We also got mozzarella "steaks" and onion rings.
Stephen had a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich and fries for his main course. As you can tell, he wasn't a fan.
I had their Crispy Chicken Sandwich, which has this tangy sauce on it that I enjoy very much. This is all I could eat. I was stuffed!
I meant to take pictures before we dug in to our food, but I was distracted with all the fried goodness. It did not feel like Thanksgiving, since we both worked and didn't spend the day with family.
We ordered so much food because I said at least we should just eat too much, since that is definitely what happens at normal Thanksgivings.
We can't wait to get home to the U.S. in THREE days!!! I only have one more day of work. Thank goodness. Waking up at 7:00 am and it is still pitch black outside is just not what I call a good time.

1 comment:

Jessie J said...

It looks good even if it wasn't quite traditional. At least you'll get a traditional Christmas dinner when you get home.