Sunday, January 4, 2009

Cupcakes in NYC

**UPDATE** Nathan and Katrina let me know the name of the bakery is Sugar Sweet Sunshine. Next time you're in NYC, you must go!

One of the nights we were in NYC, we were able to meet up with our friends, Matt, Lauren, T'Errance, and of course, Nathan and Katrina and then later with another friend of ours, Chris. With the first group, we met at one of our favorite sushi restaurants, Cube 63. The 63 is because that's its address and the Cube, my guess, is because it's about the size of a cube. HOWEVER, you can bring your own wine....

So, we did!

Dinner was delicious and quite affordable, for NYC standards. After dinner, we walked over to our friend, Chris' apartment. He wasn't able to join us for dinner because he had to study for a big final he had the next day. But, he is pretty much the nicest person, ever, and had gone and picked up cupcakes from a bakery and had them waiting for us when we arrived.

Here is the group. There's Lauren, T'Errance, Matt (the awkward guy in the background), Katrina, me, and Stephen. Chris took this picture, so we missed him in the moment.
This is me, pretending I am James Bond, and using my cupcake as a weapon.

Sometimes, I think I'm funny when I'm not. Stephen did not have too much to drink. He just likes to close his eyes when his picture is taken.

This is me, emphasizing that the cupcakes were yummy for my tummy! And they were. I don't remember the name of the bakery...Nathan, Katrina - help me out? But, the pistacio cupcake was my fave.


2 comments:

Jessie J said...

Ok, now you have me craving cupcakes :)

Anonymous said...

Sugar Sweet Sunshine :)
- K & N