Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day...

Our Mother's Day was busy and great!

First, we picked up some Mimi's and took it to Stephen's parents' house for lunch.  Yum!

Avery got some quality time with Grammie.
And by quality time, I mean licking time.
You like it when I lick your arm, don't you, Grammie?

Then, we headed over to my parents' house for dinner, but started with a Mother's Day Margarita!
My mama and me
And Avery got to sit on Great-Grandma's lap!
And Daddy got a nap...
Wait!  I thought it was Mother's Day!  Does this mean I get a nap on Father's Day?

Ha!  Doubtful.

Then, we did some swinging, which you've already seen the video of.  I couldn't wait to post it.
Clearly, swinging was a huge hit.  Most everything is with our cheerful little girl.

This Mother's Day was very different for me, obviously.  Now that I am a Mama, myself, I understand what it's all about.

Finally, I am beginning to understand the sacrifices my mom has made for me in her life.

And how selfless being a Mama is.

And how I wouldn't trade it for anything.


How was your Mother's Day?

No comments: