Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy Nauryz!

Nauryz is the Central Asian New Year holiday. I have been told that this is the biggest holiday of the year.

The flowers above were given to me from one of my students, along with the largest box of Merci chocolates I've seen. I brought the basket of roses home to enjoy, but left the chocolates at school, hidden in a cupboard so that Sonia and I can get our chocolate fix whenever we want while at work. Something tells me the box won't last as long as I think!

I just thought the flowers were so beautiful and there are so many in the basket! I can't even count how many. I just know I've never been given so many in an arrangement before. There must be an odd amount, though, since an even amount means death.

Happy Nauryz, everybody! I love these three day weekends!

No comments: