Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Oompa Loompa...

Sorry about my last post. As my title stated, I was losing it. I was in a weak moment and needed to moan about it.

Not that everything's all better. I'll just try not to do that anymore. I don't enjoy listening to people complain about their situation, so I won't do it to you all.

But seriously, have you ever been in a situation where you just felt helpless? I feel this extremely heavy weight on my shoulders and I can't seem to shake it. It is encouraging to know that in 3 months and 14 days, my feet will be on homeland soil again. However, it has also made me impatient. I want to go home now!

Jeez, I sound like Veruca Salt.

And I'm sure that sometimes, Huzz feels like Violet. "Can it, you nit!"

Anyway, I'm really trying to stay focused and keep my head down. My memory verse last week was, "He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge. The fear of the L_rd is the key to this treasure." Isaiah 33:6

He is my foundation and nothing else can compare to that...even home. He is my home. Does that make sense? It makes sense in my mind, at least.

Everybody hop on over to Hannah and wish her a happy 1st birthday! She's so cute. We got her a stroller for her baby, since she's walking now. I hope she likes it!

1 comment:

Brie said...

Beth,

Never feel like you have to apologize for what you're going through. God created us with a variety of emotions, and He uses them to draw us closer to Him as we come to a deeper understanding of who he is in regards to our current life situations.

I've had two jobs that made me feel similar to how you're feeling. The first was as a day camp counselor (which surprised me because I loved working as an overnight counselor) and the director I worked under just always had it out for me and the kids were spoiled rotten brats. Thankfully I got moved to a different facility where although I didn't LOVE it, I enjoyed the kids a lot more and actually had a chance to witness to some.

The other one was working for a "Christian" doctor who always made you feel like you weren't good enough and couldn't even take a phone message right. After staying through three office staff turnovers, I decided it was time to move on myself.

Not that I have any advice for you really from these situations, just wanted to let you know you're not the only one who has a job that you really can't stand.

Hard to believe Hannah is one already. I love checking in our progress...she's such a cute little girl!