Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Big K Gal Pals...

On the actual day that is of the woman, which was Sunday, most of the lady teachers from my school got together at this Middle Eastern restaurant, Saffran, for some good grub and socializing.


These are my nice girlfriends, here in the big K. Sonia (from Ireland), Katy (from England, with Billie almost done in the oven), me, and Narita (from Scotland).

I was miserably full by the end of eating my Hommous, Moroccan Bean Soup, and Khachapuri. But it was so delicious.


Then, on Monday, we had the day off of school because Women's Day is a national holiday here. Huzz suggested we go back to this great Korean restaurant for spicy ramen. Good choice, Huzz.

Look at all the food we got! We were only expecting the ramen, but then they brought SEVEN complimentary side dishes. There was plain kimchi, which we didn't touch, cucumber kimchi (yum), onion omelette thingy, seaweed strips, some type of warm, kimchi-tasting thing that was delish, and another kimchi thing that I liked.


And the ramen was sooooo tasty and spicy, I almost died. My ears were burning, it was so hot!

The best part of it all was we got all that food and two liters of cola (I don't want a large Farva, I want a friggin' liter of cola! -- name that movie!) for only 2500 Tenge, which at this day and age comes to about $17.


Can't beat it.


I love Women's Day. New delightfully delicious holiday!

2 comments:

MattandKate said...

Hi Bethie!
I can't say any of that sounds too yummy, but I'm glad you've got some good girlfriends over there. I think I'm going to celebrate Woman's Day sometime soon in honor of you. That's one thing the Big K has going for it.

Jessie J said...

Haha, that's funny. We just watched Super Troopers a couple nights ago :)