Happy St. Patty's Day!!!
As far as I know, I have absolutely no Irish blood running through my veins. Which means that my parents don't either, obviously. But you know what I'm really missing this year?
Corned beef, red potatoes, and cabbage. And green milk.
Growing up, we had this for dinner every year on the day of St. Patrick. I don't think I loved it when I was little, but I really did love my milk being dyed green. My appreciation for the tradition of this meal grew as I also grew (mostly up). Leftover corned beef makes great sandwiches and is one of the only times I actually like mustard. And the potatoes and cabbage, smothered in butter and salt and pepper...
Seriously, I am salivating.
Maybe we'll have to re-celebrate St. Patty's this summer when we come home. Can you get corned beef at the grocery store in the summer time?
We might go to a nearby Irish pub for some live music tonight with some of the other teachers, but I don't know. Depends on how tired I am, I suppose.
The other reason this is a special day is because it's our 2nd anniversary of our engagement! Last night, Huzz tried to tell me it's been three years.
He's wrong. It was fun reminding him. Ha!
Have I told our engagement story on here before? I can't remember. If not, I should really soon. Maybe I'll get to it tonight.
Until then, enjoy your St. Patty's day! Don't forget to wear green.
2 comments:
Happy St. Patty's Day to you...don't forget to wear green!! I love having reuben sandwiches on St. Patty's day because I'm not a big fan of just corned beef and cabbage (my mother-in-law makes that way too frequently thoughout the year!).
Congrats on the 2nd anniversary of your engagement...I don't know that I've ever heard the proposal story, so I'd love for you to share.
Yes, you can get corned beef anytime of year, so when you come home, your Mama will make you a corned beef dinner, OK?
Post a Comment